I know you!

Wednesday 26 March 2008

Two things...

One, mucho importante! It's my birthday in a week and three days from today. That's April 5th if you're being lazy. I'm soooooo excited. I'll be 18!!!!!!!

Two, I'm hyper. Okay that makes three points...bear with me, I'll get to the third! Getting up at 6.30am isn't fun. I hate mornings. They were only invented to stop night and afternoon from bumping into each other (note, it goes afternoon, EVENING, night) so, at 2.45pm I had a mocha. On the theory that when I get home from work tonight, I'll actually be able to sleep!!

Lets see how well that works out. I'm actually tired, again, now, but with that buzzing that tells me I won't be able to sleep. Y'know when your sleep isn't actually -sleep-, where you spend periods of deeper unconsiousness interspaced with listening to the wind and the creaking of the house? Asleep but aware? That's what the majority of my 'sleep' last night was like. Hence why I had caffeine.

Aaand the second (now third) thing. A poem!

(don't blame me if its dodgy, it's the caffeine)

Picture on the Wall.

Picture on the wall
you tore my love away,
made him sail away
sail to the distant shore
and forget all about me.

Places of mystery,
land where there's gold,
rubies, dragons and fortune,
and he forgot about me.
Forgot me,
for you,
you picture on the wall.

Pictures of far away places,
places of mythology.
Where dragons, unicorns,
monsters dare to roam.

For far away places
my love sailed away,
was torn away,
by you,
you picture on the wall.

Paintings of promises,
promises of lies,
lies of beauty,
illusions to reach for.

With promised illusions,
beautiful lies,
my love sailed away.
Went away,
left and forgot me,
forgot the world he knew.
For you,
you picture on the wall.

The king promised a fortune,
I got a penny; now a pauper,
waiting for my love to return.
Return from far away lands,
in a painting on the wall,
from you,
you picture on the wall.

No comments: