I know you!

Thursday 20 November 2008

A bit of trivia...

The Sidhe (pronounced shee) are the 'elite' of the faerie world, the aristocracy so to speak. The sidhe are also known as the (un)seelie, elves, and so on, depending on the 'nightmarish' quality to them, those that are bloodthirsty, sadistic, 'terrifying' are unseelie, and those that are 'nice', and the good guys, are seelie. Like how 'elves' are the good guys, dark elves are the bad, and drows are a race on their own, considered to be 'evil', and worse. This is also could relate to the Wild Hunt, or the sluagh... All fall under the classification of 'sidhe' though..apart from the latter two, they are generally ostracised from the previous four.

One of the main classifications of a sidhe is them having tricoloured eyes. Say, white, blue, black in rings around the pupil, starburst gold into green and blue and so on. The pointed ears are a tag of a 'crossbreed' and an individual that is not 'pure sidhe'.

Now, on the offchance that you meet me, (I forget if I'd mentioned this before...) but pay attention to my eyes. The first you'll notice is two obvious colours, light blue and a navy blue ring around the iris. So yeah, no big deal, I have blue eyes. If you were to look closer without freaking me out, or by simply asking, you might notice that in a starburst out from my pupils is green. This can vary from the light shade of new leaves to the darker green of oak leaves, and it blends with a blue that varies from sky, to electric, to steel. Always present around these two is a couple mm wide strip of navy blue colour.

Three colours.

My dad is the same. He has blue with the navy ring, but his centre colour is grey, from his mother. I got my green from -my- mother.

Makes you think, doesn't it? Tricoloured eyes. Not exactly common in the general population. Think how rare hazel eyes are, let alone when there are nearly perfectly defined rings of colour.

Maybe all the 'faerie tales' weren't quite so .... fake and mythological. Perhaps they are actually real, magic exists, and it is lying dormant under the earth while mankind blunders about with science...

Naaah. I mean come on, magic? Telekinesis, telepathy, shapeshifting, elves? Who'm I kidding.

I'm just nuts.

Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sardonic, slightly satirical questions always make me smile. Well written, interesting point of view and very informative. Drows will probably always be my favourite 'race' of elves.