I know you!

Monday 12 January 2009

September

Gather round, one and all, brothers and sisters, friends and lovers, beloved all! For September is an auspicious month, of great excitement and boon. Of stress and elation, of panic and boxes.

I look down the road of my life and see September and think, yes, this is the time. That is the when, the when the where is decided, the location to be decided, already chosen, when two days of supreme boredome reign during the transition into October.

Ah, you are wondering why, and what on earth I am on about?

To put it simply friends, I. Am. Going. To. The. USA. In. SEPTEMBER.

No if buts or maybes, I AM going. And I am going to stay.

See, last year, around november, I got to thinking about the when. Gotta dodge holiday traffic, and it can't be in either extremes of the seasons, so neither winter nor summer, because it'd be too much of a shock to the system, the abrupt change in temperature. And well, now I have decided. September. Spring. Autumn. The midway seasons.

But first, since I found a ticket, one way, that costs $1500 odd, (that was the cheapest, TRUST ME) but lo and behold, you require a credit card to buy the sodding thing. So, first order of call, get a credit card and a passport.

Do you know what sort of hoops you have to jump through to get a flipping PASSPORT?! Egads. see, I don't have a drivers liscense, obviously, so I gotta get two pictures with two different people that are neither blood relations, but have known me for at least a year, get them to sign the back of the sodding pictures that have to be of a specific size, focused on a specific part of my head and shoulders, too close, too far away and it's kaput. Oh my GOD.

I -also- needa get some money bags. Why you ask? the little plastic thingies so I can deposit the shrapnel I have in my room. All $500 of it. Or there abouts, when I last counted. I've added coins since then. >_> Need my birth certificate, photocopied -and- the original. And a medicare card or centrelink card and and and and. Egads.

And -then- I gotta find some place to get a visa from.

Oh, and the ticket price? See, why I gotta deposit that shrapnel, is that with that amount -and- what's in my bank, ticket is in the purse. Capisce? So, I buy it NOW, then I pay off the credit bill, and can spend the nine odd months saving up for the shift over. And trying to figure out how the hell I'm gonna get all my shit over there. XD Probably by ship. Whoo, 3 months wiht nothing. XD Oh well.

All hyped and stuff, and uni starting soon and gotta get a second job and and and whew.

My year is gonna be busy, methinks.

~*ShaedowDancer*~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch. I've been to the US before, so I know what hoops you need to jump through, especially with the Passport.

Still, good luck with it all

Sarah said...

Hold the phone...

You're moving there? This you neglected to mention. Why don't you drop out/defer uni, save up buttloads of cash, go over to the states and start a degree there?

Indeed, good luck...