I know you!

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Quote of the Month -- and poem

Rylia says, "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pr0n surfed, weak and weary,
over many a strange and spurious site of 'hot xxx galore'.
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered,"Give me back my free hardcore!"
Rylia says, "Quoth the server, 404."

That made me hurt myself laughing. Credit goes to Rylia, and Dianna, and the adult fun-place of textual imaginings known as Shangri-La. But enough about the credit. Now, for a new poem! I haven't been writing as much as I did two years ago, but well, there you have it.

Wish, Wish, Wish.

Wish for a story,
Pray it is true.
Hope they are happy
and love pulled through.

Wish for a memory
of loves first kiss,
hope that it curdled
with a flick of the wrist.

Wish for a dream;
The sky turns red.
Fire on the horizon
mourned by the dead.

Wish for the hope
Where has love gone?
Down the drains of misery,
preyed on by the unbourne.

Hate is the cure,
Pray for the end.
Misery take you,
my long forgotten friend.

Finis.

Just a simple, short thing really. A ten minute bus trip worth of time. :)

~ShaedowDancer~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh. I liked the first part. Very nice. Kudos to Rylia.

As for the poem, interesting that it turns from hope to... disaster?

Yeah, I'm bad at analysing poems and the like :P

Sarah said...

Ah, The Raven. Gold.

Nice poem. It's nice, when you have a few minutes, to compose something.