I know you!

Sunday 2 September 2007

Update coz I have time.

Things are rolling sort of sweetly, I freaked myself out the other day, when it was predicted to hail and the morning dawned bright and clear, and I said, when seeing it, 'it'll rain after lunch'...and it does. From a blue sky to bucketing down in a few hours. It's a little bit disturbing you understand?

What else...oh, in a lit debate, I got 85% for it, so I was rather proud of myself. Seems my lit teacher -likes- you to go really out there with interpretations of the text, so long as you can back it up with proof. It was fun. For those of you that have read Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, I can assure you that the frame narrator marginalises women. How you ask? By not mentioning them! Yay, brownie points for going out there in a wacky interpretation. And the knitting woman and the receptionist? 'Ave!' Old knitter of black wool 'Morituri te Salutant' -- Hail, those who are about to die salute you'. Latin, from what the roman Soldiers used to say and so on...I had them as margianlisted because they were listed as being virtually executioners, this little old lady and her daughter! Hehe. Yeah, I'd post the thingy, but I'm a lazy bum and my laptop hates me, it keeps on freezing so I won't tax the RAM any more than I must.

What else...

Um...oh, of course, I miss you all desperately! One day a week just doesn't cut the mustard you know?

Oh! and I have a boyfriend...of sorts. Heh, he's on the other side of Aus to me, hence the 'sort of' part. It's so sweet, he's hell romantic and a wrestler and everything, so theres two nights a week, one for training, so he's muscular and strong and... *drools* but. He needs a haircut. One flaw I think. He's hoping to be coming over here in November for a few days, I'm looking forward to that but well....School's got priority.

Speaking of which, it's four weeks as of monday until the mock's, then three days of school, graduation, two weeks wait, and then TEE exams and then fiiiiiiinished. Stuff leavers, I don't want a criminal record, nor spend a week getting drunk. Bah. Boring.

So yeah. That ought to do well enough.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Stuff leavers? Well that's a pleasant first.

You've definitely got a point. But what about Marlow's Aunt? Did you say anything about her? An excellent accomplishment :D

Wrestler, you say? I don't know much about him, but he makes an interesting character. Moar!