I know you!

Saturday 10 May 2008

Don't you just looooove...

The way that bookstores have the BEGINNING of a series, and the END of that same series, but y'know, it's missing the MIDDLE of said series? By say, four books?

Yeah, its wonderful.

Another thing that's absolutely wonderful is the way people at work tend to expect -one- person to -always- do something, say for example, serve customers in the dead end of the night with no help, and, then consequently, yell at said person for not getting their jobs done. Isn't it just darling and wonderful?

No matter where I am rostered during the shift, out front, on drive pack, in the drive box, at the end of the night, guranteed, I will be the SOLE PERSON serving customers. So I'll run from one end of the store to the other to serve customers, and then get yelled at when I yell for someone to take lobby. I get "can't you do it?!" and I'm like ...um no, I have a few CARS TO SERVE. And they get all huffy but serve. Or, if they don't, I dart between two people, packing two things at once, and then when the customers complain, and the boss starts chewing my ass out, I retort and say YOU get someone else to help! I have to do my stuffing jobs, and it's a bit hard when you've gotta be in TWO PLACES AT ONCE.

Or it'd be a classic, someone calls "ANGELA, customers!" and I'd yell back "I can't, I was meant to go home an hour ago and I've still got MY JOBS TO DO." then there's the whole 'customers come first' ..yeah. Why do they only come first for ME and not anyone else? Argh!

I'm just a little ticked off, in case you can't tell. Seriously, I think I'll get a new job. Doing something simple, and easy, and friendly, like ...5 star waitressing or something. Y'know what's really funny though? I'm one of the ONLY people that does, and knows, our policy and actively does it, as well as our promos and whatnot, I know the menus BETTER than the managers, and yet, yet, I am the sole exemption from this prize doohicky we're doing, because I supposedly, once, just ONCE, gave a customer 'attitude' and was 'rude' to her, when y'know, it was the middle of the dinner rush and I was doing bloody six things at once, running lobby and two trainees at the same time. Isn't it wonderful, that I'm currently, supposedly, on the bottom of the bloody ladder in this rank thingy, and I'm one of the BEST PEOPLE THEY HAVE.

So yeah. It's just wonderful. Fan-bloody-tastic.

Oh, I've also completely dumped my boyfriend. I took him back for a whole two days because I felt horrid, as the last post tells, and this time I felt much better about it and all. So now he hates me, or wants to or something, but I'm good. I'm a bit too stressed out over uni (six things due over two weeks, lovely, now I've got an extension, so one due this week, another due next) to be worrying overmuch about my private life. Its no big after all.

I'm seriously considering quitting and finding another job. Like, seriously. Even though I'm lazy and it involves writing, updating my resume, which is a pain. But hey, it's all good. I might even get paid more, y'never know, what with working in fast food and all.

Yeah, I think that about covers the majority of things, and I'm gonna go ...do something... before I get more irate and punch the wall. I kinda need both of my hands in working order.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

... well, it's your call. Kinda feel sorry for the guy though.

New job is good. Pay is better. You are very dedicated to your work, and honestly, I think you deserve better than putting up with such customers and management and minuscule pay cheques.