I know you!

Saturday 17 May 2008

How to say 'farewell' to $300+ in 30 seconds flat.

That's $10 a second. Steal.

I have realised, discovered really I suppose, that I am a very very bad impulse buyer. Most impulse buyers buy -little- things, on whim. Like chocolates while standing at the counter, stuff like that. Not me, nooooo, I behave myself, I limit myself to $50 a week for food and drinks and stuff, for MONTHS and painstakingly save, build up my bank account and everything aand... for what? For my account to hit the $400 mark and I go ooooh, I'm rich! So I go and buy stuff.

Like today. I took out $100, bought three books ($60), and, what I lament the most in buying on whim, is a PSP and a game. Because you see, it doesn't stop there! Oh no! I have to buy a memory stick and a cover as well, since my PSP will spend the majority of time in my backpack -- on the theory that I'll spend less on books if I've got a new toy to play with. And shame on you that thought I should buy naughty toys to play with! Yes, I mean -you-.

So alas, I am broke. For a week. Then I'll be rich with $200 of pay...and broke. To pay bills. Then a bit richer....then more broke. It'll take me a little while of doing sweet stuff all to build my bank account up to comfortable levels. Meaning that I can impulse buy expensive things that the majority of people would save up for months to purchase and pet and drool over.

I'm the worst kind of impulse buyer -- the rich kind. :(

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I fully understand your situation. People such as you and I save up with discipline and live lives of thrift in order to save money which we assume we'll have good uses for later.

Then after a couple of weeks we crack and buy a bunch of expensive stuff on the whim that it'll make us happy.

And then the cycle repeats, and we have no money when we actually find things worth buying T_T