I know you!

Tuesday 14 August 2007

Little people

Little people sneaking through corridors,
Hiding under cracks in floorboards.
Peeking ‘round corners for the ‘all clear’,
Listening with sympathy while we shed a tear.


Little people whispering out dreams
While we wonder what they mean.
They tell us our secret desire
As we stare blankly at the fire.


Sweeping up the dust we miss,
Giggling over a secret kiss,
Watching us as we sleep,
Speaking, without a peep.


Little people ev’rywhere,
Little people in out hair.
Deep inside
I think you’ll find,
Little people hiding.




*cringes* don't laugh at me, my very first attempt at poetry and it's very bad...I think the last stanza is the best but ..yeah. Ugh. Evil. Bad. Horrid. Never to see the light of day again. Ever.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I actually quite like it. Poetry for poetry's sake, but charming, too.