I know you!

Monday 18 February 2008

First day on campus.

Okay. Simple procedure, get to Joondalup ECU and enrol. No problem, expect to be home again by 2pm. Right?


Right....?

Wrong.

First problem in a day that was one, massive headache. The train wasn't going from perth to Joondalup, I had to catch a bus substitute first. Sure, no problem. Catch the bus to Sternville or something, catch the train from there to Joondalup.

Twenty minutes after arriving at said station....the train rocks up.

No problem, boarding the train, ridign the train...get to joondalup train station at around...10.40am ish. Okay. Catch the Joondalup CAT (freebus) to the uni or you could just walk the guy said. Riiight. First, I went the -wrong way- out of the station, then over the -wrong- side of the bridge, turned around, saw said bus, and had to cross a bridge to catch it.

No problem.

Next issue: find the admin or something to enrol.

Across and THROUGH the campus later...We find the library. The library points me to the psych building, so I toddle over to the next building, get set up and start to decide whether to do two minors (Which I wanted to be languages, but it's a rather bad idea to be learning two new languages at once...you tend to jumble them up) or a double major. Yay for double major!

So we go back to the window, they say 'oh, you have to go down to student central and get -them- to do this' ....where is it? 'just down the stairs, across the parking lot. It's the big building over there.'

Great directions, no?

So, we go down the stairs (that were in the building) across the parking lot aaand....there are -three- buildings. Lovely. Eeeny meeny miney...nope, wrong first shot.

Second? Ah-ha! Gold!

Write down my name and wait in line....and wait....and we go to a desk whoo!

They enrol me in three units, the fourth is full, but no problem! You just have to go back to your faculty and get them to sign this. ...which faculty? 'the one you were just at'

great, a criminology subject and we go to psychology for a signature. no, we can't sign this, it's not our department. I've emailed and talked to people, it should be open tomorrow, just come back then. -_- Do you sense a theme here people?

So, me being the stubborn lass I am...and the fact that I don't really want to have to return there so soon if I don't have to, I went over to the library and asked for where the crimonolgy people were...they didn't know, so sent me to student central. They sent me to building 2. No problem. One little walk, one signature, and we're out of here!

Wrong.

See, I walk up to building two (45 minutes after first getting told that I had to get a signature mind you) and ask them to sign it. They say we can't, your lecturer has to. Who's the lecturer, where can I find them?

I get a post it note, with his name and room number on it, and the course code. No problem. Rooom 2.407. ...where is room 2.407?

Student Central to the rescueee!!!!

Room 2.407 is in the building I just left. -_- Except they point me to the other side, I ask for a signature, they say 'no can do, have to get the lecturer' so I walk over the other side, (it's a short walk, maybe 20m) hop in an elevator and go up four stories.

Room 401, 403, 404....407 is...empty. No desk, no chair, no nothing. This is -so- very helpful. Not.

Back to Student Central. Where is he?! 'room 2.407' he is not, I've just beeene there, it's eeeempty. "um..." I take a ticket and wait in line...wait...and go and see a lady that helps me out. She's brillaint. B..something. African. She got the lecturer on the phone and I got a REAL room that he was at! 8.504 Building 8, floor five, room 4. We are in business!

...where's building 8?


oh, that far away? *sigh* I go for another walkies, get lost three times, walk AROUND where I'm supposed to be twice.... and finally find building 8. Problem. The elevator only has four floors, we need -five-. Go up, newp, no luck, go down. Ask for directions. 'Oh, you need the next wing. Just out that door and left until you reach the next wing'

So we go left. Walking walking walking.....that's another building. Where's this wing again? Turn around....ooh! Elevator. Lets go up.

It has five buttons bonus! It's even for building 8, double bonus!

We goes up....and walks to the room, and he's in there yus! (Drat, I've just realised that I got sunburnt. Poo) Get the signature, and he sets up enough so that I'm enrolled and all, I walk back to student central, take a ticket and wait...and wait....and wait. 20 minutes later, I get seen yay!

All enrolled and everything and...timetable? Oh, just log into this SIMU thing, or something like that, and print it out. Great. No problem. Username....?

Um.

Username....?

Damnit.

To cut a long story short (even though it's getting to the end) I have to go up to the library, twice more, once to get my username, a second time to get my student id (dodgy picture...ugh) and then....we go! Almost

Had to run back and see what date the lectures started and everything. So pleh.

Times! 11am, we get told to get a signature. 2pm, we get said signature. 3.30pm, we leave the campus.

Yay.

Four day week, monday, tuesday, wednesday, friday. Not too horrible.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How the hell can you remember all that?

It would have driven me quite and truly mad. I would have given up and gone home, asking someone else to do it for me, and then sulking because there'd be no one to do it.