I know you!

Tuesday 29 May 2007

Religion

My RE (religious education) teacher is awesome. Like, literally. She's not a bible basher, but rather an RE teacher that teaches us to -think- rather than indoctrinate us into what we 'are' going to believe. It's wonderful, that I can do an assignment for that subject, and I don't have to worry about what I'm typing, who I'll offend nor have to censor my words and be careful as to what I type, the meaning behind my words.

It's a relief you know, to be able to poke such fun at the religious theories of the world, since I was comparing Hinduism and Catholicism, and being an Aethiest, I could and did, objectively view both religions, compare one to the other and state the pro's and con's of both. It's rather sweet you know? Since she actively encourages me to say what I think in my essays, and it's a releif to not have to worry about the level of language needed too. It's a nice easy subject, much easier than lit or history, essay wise, and human biol doesn't require essay writing.

Ah well, and that's about the sum of my thoughts for today, given that I'm cold, I'm over studying and exams are in two weeks, and I'm a little bit brain drained.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

If only it were so easy for me. Unfortunately, while my teacher encourages freedom of expression, she enquires why I believe what I believe, and this leads to me having to explain myself. Ha, fat chance.