I know you!

Saturday 7 April 2007

First Blog yay!

My very firstest post....What to say?

Well, as you've possibly gathered from the title, I'm a bit emo. But not....majorly. Sure there's beauty in the world, it's a wonderful place, it's just humanity that sucks. And I mean humanity in general. If you get all insulted at being lumped into that bandwagon, aren't you just proving my point hmm? Something to think about.

Another thing, this blog, mainly, when/if I remember to keep up to date with it...will be for posting poetry. If you dun like it, buzz off :P It's my blog and I'll do what I likes with it so there nyah. So in keeping with that...have a poem!

Monster of the Loch.


Beside Loch Fergus Eleanor

(A scottish lass) was strolling,

when close to that unearthly shore

a big wave started rolling.

The water churned, it foamed and swelled

Then with an icy blast

A mighty monster reared and yelled,

‘It’s dinner time at last!’


It fixed it’s eyes on Eleanor

It’s smile was wide and vicious-

‘I’ve never eaten girls before,

I bet you taste delicious!

Perhaps I’ll eat you medium rare

Or very lightly fried

With dobs of dripping here and there?

I really can’t decide.’


Said Eleanor, ‘I’ve news for you!

You’re wrong in your assumption,

Although I look a dish, it’s true,

I’m not for your consumption.

I’m just a clever bit of bait

To lure you from Loch Fergus,

I own a fast food restaurant, mate,

And you’re my brand new burgers.’


Then Eleanor produced a set

Of bagpipes from her kilt

She knew the beast could not resist

The bagpipes doleful lilt,

She filled the Scottish countryside,

With notes so low and rank

The dreaded monster, hypnotised,

Moved slowly to the bank.


Entranced, it followed Eleanor

Towards a big deep-freeze

And sadly it was seen no more,

Except on buns with cheese.

And if you ever wonder

What of Eleanor became

Just remember that McDonald

Is a very Scottish name.

Doug MacLeod.


Yeah, I know, I didn't write it...But it's a nice, fun, lively poem to start the day off with ^_^

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hear hear to THAT!