I know you!

Monday 23 April 2007

Mirror, Mirror

I open my eyes and what do I see;
in the mirror, staring back at me?
a creature of repeated history,
something I never wanted to be.

It has my eyes; it has my nose,
it's a duplicate of me, down to my toes,
but this creature is not me,
it is not how I am meant to be.

There is my smile, my white teeth,
my manner and method of speech.
Whatever it is, this creature's a lie;
it may look like me, but it is not I.

There's my hair, my oily skin
my face, neither too fat nor thin.
It looks like me, but it is a lie;
this creature, it is not I.

I open my eyes and in the mirror I see,
an Image, a duplicate, a being of me.
Yet it's a lie, a fake, a falacy;
it's the truth I refuse to see.


Not sure how to spell falasy....false basically is the meaning. Anyways, enjoy.

ps. edited. Falacy and 'and' and 'wanted'

1 comment:

Poojawa said...

was it fallacy?

hee, Firefox 2.0's spell check ftw.



But! great poems ^^