I know you!

Thursday 19 April 2007

What do you want?

I was asked that the other day in a conversation where my friend was getting slightly irritated at me. "What do you want!?" he asked, almost demanded of me "You play games but they're for anothers benefit, not your own so I never know what you want."

I simply replied with the faintest of smiles "I want only that which you would give me."


But that sparks the question, for those of us that rather give to others, what do we want? What do -you- want? Once you have it, will you be happy with it? Will you get what you want, will you want what you get? Will you be happy with the result?

I'm of the opinion that if you ask for something, you dont value it, yet if it's given to you as a gift, a surprise, then you'll hold it in high regard. The same as if you had to work for it. Nothing good ever came easy, you devalue it if you got it with little trouble.

Which is why I value a gift more highly, no matter how hard you work, nor how much effort you put in, the lengths you strive for, a gift is something worth more than all the riches in the world.

1 comment:

Poojawa said...

heh, hewwo!

What would I want in life? Well, in shrot I'd like to have those who I care for close to me so I can visit them whenever I please.

that, and a nice peaceful life without people screaming at my projects and ideas about how they won't work

><