I know you!

Monday 30 April 2007

Dreams ...and a rant

Yet again, I have a spastic dream. I'm sooo tired, ugh. Dead on my feet, literally. You'd be exhausted too, if you flew around the entire night.

Aanyways, general gist of my dream: I'm a dragon, four limbed (sort of like a wyvern, only with feet) and I'm flying around this semi-suburban area at night in the rain. A sort of requested meeting thing to prove that we're not 'animals' but actually intelligent. So to prove my intelligence I'm asked(told) to get an umbrella so that she wouldn't get wet.

I gave her a look that said 'you have GOT to be kidding me' before I flew off....and brought back a beach umbrella. The easiest umbrella to carry. She of course complained so I meandered around the carpark, delicately avoiding the cars to indicate a neglected blue and white umbrella. She seemed a little surprised at this.

Dream jump.

A group of other people arrive, pro-dragon since there are regulations out that any dragon that eats the livestock has to be hunted down and destroyed. They were of the opinion that dragons SHOULD be allowed to eat the livestock, rather a cow than a person, was their cry. They wore yellow triangle bandanna's, around the upper arm, as a skirt, on their heads etc. They argue with her, the her in white, and give her a LARGE yellow sheet, folded in half into a triangle.

I sit down, or something, and they tie her to my back, using the bandanna to keep her warm, and secure. I straighten, with this human on my back, and go to a clear spot, the rain is pelting down, she is instantly drenched, the knot under my belly tightens as I spread my wings, water dripping down my scales to tickle my underside, and then I am in flight.

I fly up and around the buildings, my wingtips just missing the glass on either side of the street, I go out of the city, flying over the rainsoaked, night illuminated pastures. She is screaming in fear, and then exhilaration. I find a herd, of sheep or goats, I think goats, and take one, eating it even as that human gasps on my back. I take off again, the corpse and remanents of my meal in my hind claws and start back towards the city. I curve, midflight, and hover, eating the rest, to display how well I can fly, and that where a meal is found, does NOT mean that was where it was taken from. I drop the entrails and most of the skeleton by a small thatch of trees, for the smaller predators, before continuing to the city.

I circle a scout hall, or something of the like, banking, and then rolling over so that I am flying upside down, scaring her as the bandanna starts to slip from my body, I roll back over, now I can breath easier. I return to the carpark and carefully land on the tarmack, folding my wings and placing my foreclaws on the ground. The group walk up, and release the knot, they had all known dragon-flight, and knew how to deal with the jittering, gibbering, exhilarated, fearful and awed human that I had taken for a flight. She comes to her senses enough to take the bandanna that bound her torso and lower back to my spine, and wears it as a skirt, the point on one side of her legs, the bound knot on the opposite hip over her white, mostly see-through slacks, annother supporter for the draconic cause.

Once all is well with her, I fly off, skimming low over the car rooftops, sending the humans scurrying for cover. Fools, did they not know that I would not harm them? I am not so foolish with my wings, I know where they end, even though -they- obviously do not. Three strong beats of my wings and I am in the air, soaring up into the storm clouds with a crackle of lightning illuminating my scales and then I am gone.

The buzzer of my alarm sounds and I wake, roll over, turn it off and then thump back onto my bed with a groan, time to start a new day on zippo sleep. Joy.



Soooooooo. No, I haven't been reading anything to do with dragons, nor drawing them, they have NOT been ANY influence in my waking life for about....two months, at least.


Another point, don't you just LOVE it when people take out their stress and anger on YOU?! For example, mother dearest was worried about going to work last night, so all yesterday afternoon we (me, her bf and her bf's daugher, Pheonix ) couldn't do ANYTHIGN right. And copped it.

I don't MIND being a sounding board, when it's not PERSONAL. If you're having issues with some moron at work, at school, in your social life, whatever. I don't care, you can yell and scream at me to release the tension. All I'll do is pat your shoulder and say 'yes dear', which won't help very much, but you'll feel better. Or you wont and then get angry at ME, in which case they won't be aggravating you and that, my dear readers, is an acheivement and a bonus, to my way of thinking.

Yes, my rant. That and I am SICK and TIRED of my blasted mother blaming EVERY flipping thing that goes wrong in the house, from HER foul moods, on MY BLOODY LAPTOP! Fair enough I spend alot of time on there, but really! For the past three months she's been harping on at me. "we just dont like how you treat us, stop being so selfish okay? that's all we don't like, how you turn into a complete bitch when you get on the computer. Start thinking about other things than that bloody computer, stop thinking like a child all me me me me me me" I swear it is enough to drive you mad, hearing that every fucking day, several times each day simply because she is in a snit and needs a sounding board/scapegoat!

Oh look, it's been two weeks since me and my daughter have fought, I know! I'll start on about her LAPTOP and how she's FAT and UGLY and SELFISH, maybe then I'll get a rise from her so that she can hate me some more and I can accuse her of hating me and wonder WHY.

Sometimes, most times actually, I just wish I could move somewhere else...either that, or kill her and get away with it. My mother and I, we do NOT get along. And even when she thinks we are, I am merely tolerating her and trying not to set her off, yet agian, so that she has the least notion that the last thing on my mind when I think of her is how much I love her. or don't, as the case may be.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I sympathise, but there's not a lot that can be done about her. You're very competant at handling your life, so I only hope that you escape it sooner rather than later.

Regarding the more interesting aspect of your dream, you really should turn it into a story. It needs a few tweaks here and there, more of a purpose, less dream trivia, and you have a complete work of literature. Seriously, consider it.

It must have been very interesting being a dragon. I'd lose a night of sleep to share that experience.

Cahan said...

that was one detailed dream description babe. Sounds like a fun dream though.

Poojawa said...

Well, if I could I'd happily give you a home immidatly.

Don't you take any of her comments to heart, she's lying and you know it.

and besides, I'm always a good soundboard as well, even if you do try and take it personal I'll still not react to it.

Unknown said...

Awww....I feel so loved, I've got so many people offering sympathies.

Yeah...purpose to the dream is a -great- idea, except I still don't know the purpose of said dream. Except that there is some reference to goats, repeated reference to goats. WHY THE GOATS PEOPLE?! I don't like goats.

I DID lose a nights sleep for that dream hon, and when you have a test the next day it's most definitely NOT a good thing.

Poojawa said...

it's good for you! builds character... or something