I know you!

Thursday 12 April 2007

Take My hand...

You, whoever you are, I extend My hand to you. Will you be brave enough to take it, and walk with Me, walk with Me where I tread? Come, take My hand, take My hand and walk with Me, walk with Me in the Shadows. For if you do, you'll not be harmed, not by the shadows I walk, but only by your own doubts and fancies that you see in the darkness.

Will you take My hand and step off the well light, well trodden path, into the unknown? Or are you afraid that 'unknown' is not so very foreign, and that you like it here? Will you take a chance, or will you walk forever on the road that so many have trodden before you?

When the Clock struck

When the clock struck half-past midnight,
The faintest glow of blood-red grew
Out from under the street light.
It throbbed and pulsed with a sinister life
And oozed up to seep under the front porch light.

Sliding through the keyhole in the doorknob,
The glow hissed and faded into the shadows
Of the blissfully sleeping mind with the heart throb--
And changed the dreams of joy to screaming,
Screams of the blood-red, nightmare blob.

With a silver breeze the nightmares develop,
Deep within the restless mind of the uneasy sleeper.
Angry thoughts flit about while the restless mind tries to cope.
A slender tendril, a crimson stream, extends to touch the dreamer
A tiny gasp as the final sigh drifts away, gone from life.

A ghostly chuckle echoes through the house,
While the sleepers soundlessly scream--
Their happy lives are stolen by a sinister louse.
As the clock strikes one, their lives do end
And the glow leaves not a thing alive, not even a mouse.

Slipping silently out the door, the glow does flee
Back to the nether world from which it spawned.
Filled with sinister and evil glee,
Sated and content with the lives it has stolen
Brand new slaves, for all eternity.



And a poem, not one of my better works, but it'll do.

No comments: