I know you!

Tuesday 26 June 2007

A couple of things

First off, yes Xin, I -did- write 'The Grassy Hill', if I didn't I would have acknowledged the author, as I have with all other poems that I haven't written myself so it really shouldn't be that hard to believe :P But thanks for the glowing response regardless, if you think a couple passages were difficult to follow in -that- poem, you should read one of my other poems (I might post it...later on) there's one line, or rather two in the first stanza that I'm still not happy with. -_- that is an awkward rhyming scheme.

Second, since I doubt you go back and re-read the comments, I've taken to replying to them on my next post so that you still get a reply and others get the hint to -read- the dratted things :P Yeah...I know that the story went off on a tanjent slightly, it wasn't entirely intentional, just giving a background of the narrator and the brother and things, a bit on the society. It was a 30 minute quickie, so...yeah. If you honestly desire to read more about that tale, I suppose I could write some more up, I had -intended- it to be a detective story-like thing, but well....I've reached the conclusion I'm not detectively inclined. >_>

Third, the actual reason why I decided to post; Uni. It's big. Scary. I dun like it. I spent yesterday at Curtin University for an English conference thingy, and I got lost before I'd even started...and then when I found where I was supposed to be, I got lost again...looking for the next venue which I'll have you know, was at the OPPOSITE end of the campus. -_- And I asked for directions and even had a MAP and I -still- got lost. Dun tease me, I has no friends :(

But my directional faux pas aside, it wasn't too bad, hour long lectures and the like, cafe's bloody -everywhere-, literally. A couple were actually useful, the Othello, Texts and Contexts and the first lecture that slips my mind...ah, No Sugar...no...bah. Can't remember it, were actually fairly good. No Sugar had very little to do with the actual story, it was mostly about the type of story it was, a frame story with two narrators yaddah yaddah yaddah...I fell asleep in that lecture >_> What! I was tired. I'd worked the night before, went to bed at 11pm, got up at 6.30am where I was looking forward to sleeping into 7, I worked again last night after getting a major brain-drain from the lectures...*sighs* So yes, to say I'm a little bit dead today would be an understatement.

Oh and Xin, I am of the same opinion that a mutual....friend, lets say, has. It royally -sucked- that your school wasn't there. Then I wouldn't have been quite as much of a loner in the Lit lectures. *sulks* Although she was saying that it would be so she could hang out with you and all that jazz...gods, I know it's very bad of me to say this, but I -hate- selfish people. And yes, I know I'm being hypocritical with that statement, hence why I try to be as unselfish as I can. Not that mother dearest believes that but lets not go into -that- little subject shall we?

She also told me a tale of you being a right moron, wasabe is -hot-. You do NOT eat LOTS OF IT at once and expect to keep your dignity. It doesn't happen. Sushi = good. Sushi + soy sauce = good. Sushi + wasabe = edible. Wasabe(i?) = BAD. Do try to remember that next time you get dared to make a fool of yourself sweetie.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

By the gods that girl annoys me. I act like an idiot around her, I'm as pathetic as possible, and yes, she laughs at it like most people would! However, the difference between her and the rest of the world is that she takes me seriously. For fuck's sake people, I know wasabi is hot, and I know it's a downright stupid idea to eat a packet of it by itself. The reason I did was to get Willow to share her drink with me, and to suffer the burning anguish.

I missed you too, but I wouldn't have been allowed to talk to you during lectures. It would have been really nice to see you. Can't say I would have enjoyed seeing our mutual friend around.

I'm going to Curtin tomorrow. I went last year, and I got lost too =) I get lost quite frequently actually. Maybe I'll write a quick blog post about it?

And yeah, please do write more of The Grassy Hill, even if it's in story format (which seems to be a lot quicker to churn out).