I know you!

Monday 18 June 2007

Printer/scanner

I love nerdy friends, people that frequently make their living from coding and computer hardware/software...it's so handy when they help you out. ^_^

Well, my CD drive for my laptop is stuffed, ergo, when in said laptop the laptop won't boot up, so my printer/scanner that I got from my father for christmas has been a paperweight for half the year, a flash looking paperweight but a paperweight none the less. But no longer!

Said friend of mine asked me what the make, model, style...the whole fruit of my printer/scanner was, I obliged and he found me the software, on the net, to download onto my computer. 40.2MB of downloading -_- four and a half hours later....we start installing! Yay! I was all bouncy and bubbly and yaay!

Fine, fair enough....and then to test to see if the dratted thing was working, I tried to print out a story. Nothing happened. The test page printed out (after I fixed the paper jam) and then I flipped the test page over into the scanner part to align the cartridges or whatever and whee, is done! That was great.

I open up the actual program....an hour later it finishes loading because it had to configure for the first use. -_- and I scan a picture into my computer! ....I think. I'm not entirely sure if it worked or not because I set it to being a black and white picture, fine fine, I tried to change where it would be sent to...twenty minutes later I give up since it tended to not co-operate. I click scan.

Waiting....waiting...waiting....

Not responding...

Waiting...waiting....waiting....

Still not responding...

Waiting ...waiting....waiting....

Do you get the feeling I was rather bored at this point?

Wait some more.....and successs! it hummed and buzzed and and and.....that's it. -_- Not responding...waiting...waiting waiting....

So I got sick of waiting, understandably since it took about three and a half hours to get the humming. 9.30pm, I start shutting things down, ....not responding....close godamit! ah-ha! we have shut down. 9.45pm my laptop in it's entirety actually starts shutting down, so I pull out the printer, take it back to my room return for my laptop and folding cords up, put it in my room...by now I can shut it since it will have finished shutting down. That's the usual amount of time it takes to shut down by the way, if not longer. ( We wont mention the hour and a half boot up time...>_> I was having quite a few issues with my laptop that day)

So, when I get home today, I'll most likely be ensconced in my room, fiddling with my laptop and printer and ensuring that they both work properly and are speaking to each other, and then, if the scanning actually co-operates, finding the dratted picture I scan into my laptop. Course, he was -very- amused at how much I thanked him, sort of like thankyou thankyou tahnkyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou! It's working it worked heee it's working thankyou!!!!!

*coughs* yes, well I think I shall leave it there, before you all think I've lost my marbles completely. But it's the small things in life that make living bearable. :)

Oh, and I'm in a wonderful mood, if you haven't noticed :P

No comments: