I know you!

Saturday 9 June 2007

Ugh....braindrain/ Only in America

Whoo, we've had a week of study, the first exam come and gone and I've hit a mental brick wall. Literally. I am unable to study any more. My brain refuses to memorise and learn any more. It has given up, refused, gone on strike, quit...you name it.

And thus you have the reason why I do not study. I try, I fail, I push to study and I reach a mental wall. You can only push so far until you hit the limit. Physical limits, mental limits....yeah, I've reached my study limit.

And, on reaching this limit, I have to memorise five poems for my lit exam which is in....five days now. I won't be able to effectively study for another month or so, at least. Joy. Guess which exam I'm expecting to fail?

*sighs* ah well, my mental capacity is preventing me from giving a decent post, so have some one liner joke things.

Only in America......do they use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so they won't miss a call from someone they didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

During the constitutional convention in 1787 when it was proposed that the National Army be limited to 3,000 men, George Washington whispered from his presiding
chair, “Then we should have another article providing that no foreign nation with an army exceeding 3,000 men be allowed to invade.”

Yeah...go the american intelligence....now there's an oxymoron XD

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Perhaps I should talk with you in detail how to use your time most efficiently when studying?

Once again, while study seems to be a good idea, you shouldn't do it for much longer than an hour without having a decent (15 minute) break. Half an hour with 5 minute intervals is ideal. It's about the Delayed Learning Process- the time it takes for the information to sink in. If you don't give it that time, you don't learn as much, as well, and you'll have trouble trying to recall it.

When studying, take regular breaks and make sure you reward yourself properly for your efforts.

Unknown said...

Yes well, mother dearest goes off her tree if I take breaks from my study, when I'm supposed to study. She just wants me to spend all day in my room, studying. Not coming out, for anything, just studying. Exciting eh?

Unknown said...

Really? Only in America? My dear, please. I've told you not all Americans are the arrogant, self-centered moralistic prigs that you in other countries see. Some of us actually use a little thing called reason, and common sense, and other and sundry mental tools, instead of swallowing, whole hawg, the doctrine espoused by our national leaders. But, to show you that I do appreciate a lot of the ironies of my own homeland, here are a few more:
Only in America do the very rebels of yesterday rise to be the leaders of today, and attempt to suppress the leaders of tomorrow/the rebels of today.
Only in America do we revile the use of drugs, even as we drug our own children into obedient, sheepish followers.
There, how're those? :)